*sigh* I haven’t written on this platform for a while and I was kinda glad to have a little bit of space. The 2016 political session has been an absolute mess. And just so there’s no doubt on which side of the aisle I’m on, I lean democrat. Understand I’m not a hard democrat; I’m willing to listen to reason. But my word, Republicans are making it difficult this year.
Let’s start with the presidential race first. I’m still scratching my head over the initial fielding of so many candidates. I don’t know who the political advisers were, but a lot of the candidates that have dropped out should’ve known better in the first place than to run.
And then there’s Trump. Trump. Seriously… WTF? Okay, I’m not against his right to run, I just can’t comprehend how he’s leading. Can someone please give me some legitimate reason why you’re voting for him? I’ll tell you the points I’ve heard and counterpoint them. But seriously, if you have a good reason, like I said, I’m willing to hear it.
Reasons People are Voting for Trump
- “He’s different. He’s not a politician.”
- This is weird reasoning to me. It’s like saying, “Oh, my house is on fire, but I don’t want a fireman. Let’s go with a mechanic.” Yes, he’s different, he’s novel. But that’s doesn’t mean that he’s qualified.
- “He’s been a successful businessman. If he can lead a company, he can lead our nation.”
- Trump water, Trump stakes, Trump Vodka, Trump the Game, Trump airlines, a few bankruptcies, just to name a few. You know what Trump is good at? Selling his name. He’s a brand, not a man.
- “He speaks his mind.”
- I find it a little strange that Trump’s supporters like it when speaks his mind, but when they are called names they lash out. The opposition is just speaking their mind. Why don’t you like them?
I’m sure we’ll add more. But seriously. Please, please, please convince me that Trump is going to be a good president.
Trump is bombastic, insulting, whiny, arrogant, narcissistic, and often plan rude. I find it troubling that a lot of people believe that he would be an excellent world leader when almost everything he says is inflammatory. The guy has no filter and I could easily see one of the other nuclear powers deciding to flip the switch on us.